Privacy in the World of Internet of Things
On May 29, AT&T and Carnegie Mellon University hosted an in-depth discussion in Pittsburgh on one of the most challenging issues consumers and businesses face in a world of smartphones, wearables, and other internet-connected devices – privacy.
The event included welcome remarks from Tom Moore, Chief Privacy Officer, AT&T and a keynote presentation from Investigative Technology Reporter and Ted Talks Award Winner, Kashmir Hill.
A privacy panel followed moderated by Courtney Linder, Business Technology Reporter, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Panel participants included the following industry experts:
- Lorrie Cranor, Director and Bosch Distinguished Professor in Security and Privacy Technologies, CyLab, FORE Systems Professor of Computer Science and of Engineering & Public Policy, CMU
- Stacey Gray, Senior Counsel, Future of Privacy Forum
- Jorge Guajardo Merchan, Principal Scientist & Manager, Security and Privacy Group; Robert Bosch LLC – Research and Technology Center North America
- Jason Hong, Professor, School of Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction Institute, CyLab Researcher, CMU
- Omar Khawaja, Vice President & CISO, Highmark Health
Speaker bios are available here.
Presentation materials are available here.